sugar binge

I binged on sugar this weekend.
I am sad.

Thinking about why...


  1. My husband purchased and brought this
      
    into the house.  This is a man who just never buys sugar cereal!  So I'm perplexed at his motives.  Perhaps he was trying to be nice to the kids.  Well, I am a recovering Cereal-Aholic.  So, I had 4 bowls in 2 days and they were wonderful and crunchy and nutty and I enjoyed every last bite. 
    But then I didn't feel great and my tongue was sore and I now only wanted sugar. 
    You know how Dexter talks about his dark passenger?  Sugar is my dark passenger.  She must be controlled.
  2. I have not planned for success.  I need to have good, satisfying food in the house and I have not done this.  I live in the moment (part of my blue/yellow personality).  This must change!  I'm not sure why this particular step is so difficult for me. 
  3. It was very (very) hot out so I really didn't want to go anywhere.
So now, I'm getting back on the bandwagon.  I have to go through a little of the sugar withdrawl again; and I'm weighing if that was worth the crunchy milky yum of the cereal.  I'm not entirely sure it was.

Sometimes this journey has a step back.  That is OK, as long as I keep moving forward again! 

I've failed over and over and over again in my life and that is why I succeed.   Michael Jordan
 
Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts.  Winston Churchill
 
Develop success from failures. Discouragement and failure are two of the surest stepping stones to success.  Dale Carnegie 










0 comments:

Post a Comment