failure

I'm getting frustrated because I don't seem to be able to commit to a new lifestyle.  
I've made some progress.  Things I never really thought I could change and I'm trying really hard to hold on to that!  (very little dairy, no soda, less sugar, better snacks...at least most of the time)  I give myself a round of applause for that.

I keep seeing people post online about their new distributor status where they're selling some health product (I notice a lot of protein shakes!) and they've either helped someone loose weight and here's a picture of how great they look (before and after pics of course) or how they just lost 5 lbs or 8 lbs and how they love eating healthy and how this snack of a handful of blueberries is so yummy.  (I'm sorry, but still, a handful of blueberries is NOT satisfying to me.)

I had to stop following those links because it's depressing me.  I don't know if I'm failing or if my journey is just that different.  I kind of already know it's both.  Not completely on the failure part, I have made some progress; just not enough.  I'm just not motivated enough.

So this is the part where God might give me a little shove in the right direction because I've prayed for Him to help me be motivated.  And that shove might be some kind of medical issue that basically requires I exercise -- shudder.

I just know exercise is the answer and yet I don't want to do it.  I find it boring and I just plain don't want to do it!  Yes, I know how juvenile that sounds and realize that at some point I am going to have to lift my lovely yet large derriere off the chair and go move it around.  I wish there was some breakthrough I could have (other than perhaps a large 2x4 hitting me to get my attention) that would put me in the right frame of mind for such activity.

I guess I keep on trying.

1 comments:

Mrs. Brewer said...

I so wish we were neighbors! I would drag your butt on a walk around the block. Maybe you should try laps in the pool - since its hot now. Cooling, relaxing, non-impact, fun.

I'm with you on the blueberries... unless there's ice cream or pie wrapped around them instead.

Post a Comment